- Just as they sound- selected by RMA randomly
- Can be for any reason RMA selects – FSA Spot-Check
- Any claim over $200,000
- Conflict of interest
Record & Documentation Examples
|• Farm Scale Tickets||• Bin measurements completed by an adjuster or the FSA|
|• Elevator Sale Tickets|
|• Elevator settlement sheets||• Self-Measured Bins|
|• Grain Cart Scale Tickets – i.e. Conservis, etc.|
|• Certified Scale Tickets|
|• Precision Ag records – For both planting and harvest|
|* Generally, soft records are used as supporting documentation to separate production among units. Only hard records can be used to finalize a claim.||** Precision Ag records may be used for finalizing a claim only if you have proper documentation provided by your agent prior to planting. You must also comply with all RMA regulations throughout the crop year.|
- Precision Ag records may only be used for finalizing a claim if you have signed up as a Precision Farmer prior to planting. You must also comply with all RMA regulations throughout the crop year.
- Soft records can be used as supporting records or documentation for your hard records. Only Hard Records can be used to finalize a claim.
- Due to RMA rules you must report all production for each unit regardless of share. What this means is that we must have record of not just your share but also all shares in the unit via hard copy.
- RMA does not allow an agent to be involved in the settlement of a claim. We can educate you about necessary steps you need to take, but the adjuster is the only person with authority to work or settle a claim.